Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : Maíz: Our Mother.
- Título: Maíz: Our Mother.
- Invitado: Roberto Cintli Rodríguez
- Conductor: Samuel Orozco
- Fecha: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2014
- Descripción: Maíz: Our Mother. On the day the nation marks the Thanksgiving holiday, this is a conversation with Roberto Rodríguez about his book “Our Sacred Maíz is Our Mother.”
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 7394
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 7394
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Art and Culture
- Año: 2014
- Nombre del Programa: la_141127.mp3
- Duración: 59:08 minutes (54.14 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
Maíz: Our Mother. On the day the nation marks the Thanksgiving holiday, this is a conversation with Roberto Rodríguez about his book “Our Sacred Maíz is Our Mother.” In his newly-released book, Rodríguez submits that corn has been central to the traditional diet of Mexicans since ancestral times and, despite attempts by Spanish conquerors and modern-day assimilationist forces, corn has remained in the heart of Mesoamerican cultures. Maíz culture, he says, unifies the continent.
Guest: Roberto Cintli Rodríguez, Professor, Writer, Author of “Our Sacred Maíz Is Our Mother,” University of Arizona Tucson, Tucson, AZ. www.uapress.arizona.edu/Books/bid2497.htm