Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : The Student Debt Crisis: A Forum. (Repeat).
- Título: The Student Debt Crisis: A Forum. (Repeat).
- Invitado: Alejo Salinas Jr., Jaime Chahin, Frances Guzmán, Francisco Guajardo, Tania Chávez, Sonia Falcón, Rose Benavidez, Daniel King
- Conductor: Chelis López
- Fecha: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2014
- Descripción: This segment focuses on the staggering costs that hinder Latino access to higher education and on initiatives seeking to make college more affordable to students from working-class families.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Edinburg, TX
- Program Number: 7326
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 7326
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Education, Economic Development
- Año: 2014
- Nombre del Programa: la_140820_2 .mp3
- Duración: 59:05 minutes (54.15 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
The Student Debt Crisis: A Forum. (Repeat). This is a partial repeat of the community forum recently held in Edinburg, in the Rio Grande Valley. This segment focuses on the staggering costs that hinder Latino access to higher education and on initiatives seeking to make college more affordable to students from working-class families. College administrators, school leaders and community advocates from South Texas convene in this panel to offer answers. This is a Holiday edition.
Guests: Dr. Alejo Salinas Jr., Trustee, South College Board Texas, Edinburg; Dr. Jaime Chahin, Dean, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University, San Marcos; Frances Guzmán, Education Associate, Intercultural Development Research Association, San Antonio, TX; Dr. Francisco Guajardo, Executive Director, Centro Llano Grande, Edcouch, TX; Tania Chávez, Coordinator, Special Projects, La Unión del Pueblo Entero, San Juan, TX; Sonia Falcón, Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending, Lone Star National Bank, McAllen, TX; Rose Benavidez, Board Trustee, South Texas College, Rio Grande City, TX; Dr. Daniel King, Superintendent, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District (PSJA), Pharr, TX.