Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Título: MEXICO EDITION.
- Invitado: Silvia Ribeiro
- Invitados Adicionales: Andrés Barreda Marín
- Conductor: Martha Elena Ramírez
- Fecha: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2012
- Descripción: MEXICO EDITION. In June 2013, 2 million 400 thousand hectares in the Mexican states of Sinaloa and Tamaulipas are planned to be cultivated with genetically modified corn, the effects of which were found to be carcinogenic in rats.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Mexico City
- Program Number: 6826
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 6826
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Politics
- Año: 2012
- Nombre del Programa: la_121109.mp3
- Duración: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. In June 2013, 2 million 400 thousand hectares in the Mexican states of Sinaloa and Tamaulipas are planned to be cultivated with genetically modified corn, the effects of which were found to be carcinogenic in rats in studies by French scientists. The permit, given by the Mexican government to companies such as Monsanto, Pioneer and DuPont, awill allow world agrochemical industries to make a huge profit in Mexico, while affecting the health and diet of Mexican citizens, according to researchers from the Action Group on Erosion, Technology and Concentration, which analyzes techological information. The researchers say the effect is serious, because Mexico, the cradle of corn for the world, will be polluted. In addition, they accuse organisms such as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations of giving in to the economic weight of transnational industry. Martha Elena Ramírez hosts Voz Pública from Mexico City.
Guests: Silvia Ribeiro, Researcher and Latin America Director, Action Group on Erosion, Technology and Concentration, Mexico City, Mexico, www.etcgroup.org (pretaped audio); Andrés Barreda Marín, Economist and Ph.D. in Latin American Studies, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico (pretaped audio).