Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : AID FOR WHOM?
- Título: AID FOR WHOM?
- Invitado: Israel Ortega
- Invitados Adicionales: Raúl Hinojosa
- Conductor: Chelis López
- Fecha: WEDNESDAY, JULY 11, 2012
- Descripción: AID FOR WHOM? As state and federal lawmakers attempt to balance budgets by reducing social welfare programs such as food stamps, some activists question how much money could be returned to the public funds.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6726
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 6726
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Economic Development
- Año: 2012
- Nombre del Programa: la_120711.mp3
- Duración: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
AID FOR WHOM? As state and federal lawmakers attempt to balance budgets by reducing social welfare programs such as food stamps, some activists question how much money could be returned to the public funds by closing the loopholes that allow corporations to withhold millions of dollars in taxes. With a new California budget that cuts social programs and as Californians consider the so-called Millionaires Tax proposition, this edition offers a debate on corporate versus social welfare .
Guests: Israel Ortega, Editor and Political Analyst, The Heritage Foundation, Washington, D.C., www.heritage.org , www.libertad.org ; Raúl Hinojosa, Research Director, North American Integration and Development Center, UCLA César E. Chávez Department of Chicana/o Studies, Los Angeles, CA, http://www.chavez.ucla.edu/