Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : WORKERS COMP.
- Título: WORKERS COMP.
- Invitado: Dori Rose Inda.
- Invitados Adicionales: Jim González, Lucrecia.
- Conductor: Chelis López
- Fecha: THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012
- Descripción: WORKERS COMP. Latinos and Latinas often work in the most dangerous jobs and have higher rates of work injuries than non-Hispanic whites, in part because of the positions they have within dangerous industries.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Oakland, CA.
- Program Number: 6709
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 6709
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Economic Development
- Año: 2012
- Nombre del Programa: la_120621.mp3
- Duración: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
WORKERS COMP. Latinos and Latinas often work in the most dangerous jobs and have higher rates of work injuries than non-Hispanic whites, in part because of the positions they have within dangerous industries. To compound the problem, low income workers are often excluded from the employer's workers compensation insurance. How often do Latinos report work injuries? What should all workers know about workers’ compensation? Top experts in the field join this edition to give advice on how and when to report injuries or illnesses, visiting the right medical provider, and keeping good records, among other tips.
Guests: Dori Rose Inda, Executive Director, Watsonville Law Center, Watsonville, CA, www.watsonvillelawcenter.org ; Jim González, Workers' compensation lawyer, Salinas, CA; Lucrecia, Worker, Salinas, CA.