Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Título: MEXICO EDITION.
- Invitado: Javier Sicilia.
- Invitados Adicionales: Felipe Calderón Hinojosa, Daniel Vázquez.
- Conductor: Martha Elena Ramírez
- Fecha: FRIDAY , OCTOBER 14, 2011
- Descripción: MEXICO EDITION. With a minute of silence to pay tribute to murdered Mexican activist Pedro Leyva, top leaders of the Mexican government and the Movement for Peace with Justice and Dignity began their second convening.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Mexico City
- Program Number: 6510
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 6510
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Politics
- Año: 2011
- Nombre del Programa: la_111014.mp3
- Duración: 59:05 minutes (54.11 MB)
- Formato: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. With a minute of silence to pay tribute to murdered Mexican activist Pedro Leyva, top leaders of the Mexican government and the Movement for Peace with Justice and Dignity began their second convening. Poet Javier Sicilia and other members of the delegation of social activists urged President Calderon and members of his cabinet to change the policy of war against drugs. They said drug consumption has not decreased and the number of deaths continue on the rise. Sicilia called Mexican citizens to jointly go out to cemeteries and public spaces on October 31st to remember those who have been killed during the war on drugs. He also urged presidential candidates to take a stand on the current war on drugs. President Calderon replied his government will not stop fighting against organized crime. He said the creation of the agency to protect victims of crime is a step forward and rejected the proposal to create a Truth Commission in Mexico. This program also include a conversation about the thousands electrical workers who are still displaced after the decree to abolish the power company Luz y Fuerza two years ago. Martha Elena Ramirez hosts this Voz Publica edition from Mexico City.
Audio segments: Javier Sicilia, Leader, Movimiento por la Paz con Justicia y Dignidad, Castillo de Chapultepec, México, DF; Felipe Calderón Hinojosa, president of Mexico, Castillo de Chapultepec, México, DF; Daniel Vázquez, worker, member of Sindicato Mexicano de Electricista, Zócalo square, México, DF.