Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : SUBSERVIENT NO MORE
- Título: SUBSERVIENT NO MORE
- Conductor: Samuel Orozco
- Fecha: Monday, April 17th. 2006
- Descripción: SUBSERVIENT NO MORE. Self-determined, outspoken, strong, women are often stigmatized as a problem and perceived by men as a threat. A group of farm working women in California organizes women to assert their rights, prevent domestic abuse, and regain cont
- Género: News
- Ubicación: San Francisco, CA
- Program Number: 4777
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 4777
- Editor: Samuel Orozco
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Highlights
- Año: 2006
- Nombre del Programa: 060417___4777_-_Subservient_No_More.mp3
- Duración: 61:13 minutes (56.06 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
SUBSERVIENT NO MORE. Self-determined, outspoken, strong, women are often stigmatized as a problem and perceived by men as a threat. A group of farm working women in California organizes women to assert their rights, prevent domestic abuse, and regain control over their lives. Millie Treviño-Sauceda, executive director of Líderes Campesinas, comments on this topic and recent news developments, including the role of farm worker women in recent protests against anti-immigrant bills and a recent lawsuit against a grape grower company on women discrimination grounds.
CÍRCULOS DE COMPADRES. A group of men gather every year to discuss issues related to the men, their families and their community, including alcoholism, mental health and domestic violence. It is the National Compadres Network. Refugio Rodriguez, a leading member of the group in Santa Maria, CA, explains how the roles and responsibilities of fathers and men are discussed in these “círculos” or gatherings.
MARCH FOR LATINO YOUTH DEATH. This program also includes a feature report from Ruben Tapia in Los Angeles about a student demonstration in support of Anthony Soltero, a young teenager who committed suicide after he was threatened by his school for organizing student walkouts for immigrant rights.