Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Title: MEXICO EDITION.
- Guest: Jenaro Villamil
- Additional Guests: Alejandro Orozco Hidalgo, Juan de Dios Hernández Monje
- Host: Martha Elena Ramírez
- Date: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2012
- Description: MEXICO EDITION. The long-time-ruling PRI party returns to power, with the club of police repression. As Enrique Peña Nieto take the presidential seat in Mexico, in the streets, police attack the movement "Yo Soy 132", protesting the inauguration.
- Genre: News
- Location: Mexico City
- Program Number: 6846
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6846
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_121207.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. The long-time-ruling PRI party returns to power, with the club of police repression. As Enrique Peña Nieto take the presidential seat in Mexico, in the streets, police attack the movement "Yo Soy 132", protesting the inauguration. So far, 69 people have been jailed and accused of the crime of "Attacking Public Peace," with a maximum sentence of 30 years. Students showed press and social media several videos that show that police infiltrated the protest. Local police carried out arbitrary arrests, and the federal police used rubber bullets and tear gas. Martha Elena Ramírez hosts Voz Pública from Mexico City.
Guests: Dr. Jenaro Villamil, writer and journalist, Proceso magazine, Mexico City, Mexico; Alejandro Orozco Hidalgo, Ph.D. student in France, Detained during the protest and freed two days later, Mexico City, Mexico (pretaped interview); Juan de Dios Hernández Monje, attorney defending detained students (pretaped audio). https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WRcyXrA39sA