Línea Abierta : STOPPING HUNGER. ALSO, LA SANTA CECILIA.
- Title: STOPPING HUNGER. ALSO, LA SANTA CECILIA.
- Guest: Alfredo Estrada.
- Additional Guests: Maritza Kelley, La Marisoul.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2012
- Description: STOPPING HUNGER. Nearly one in three Latinos does not have enough to eat from day to day. Some of them go hungry because they don’t know how to apply for emergency food services or food stamps.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA.
- Program Number: 6845
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6845
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Economic Development, Politics, Art and Culture.
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_121206.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
STOPPING HUNGER. Nearly one in three Latinos does not have enough to eat from day to day. Some of them go hungry because they don’t know how to apply for emergency food services or food stamps. Hunger relief advocates, community leaders, and government officials meet this week at the No Más Hambre Summit to discuss a Latino anti-hunger agenda.
Guest: Alfredo Estrada, Editor in Chief, Latino Magazine, Washington, DC, www.latinomagazine.com , www.facebook.com/NoMasHambreForum ; Maritza Kelley, Senior Director, Advocacy and Legislative Affairs, First Focus Campaign for Children, Washington, D.C., www.firstfocus.net
ALSO, LA SANTA CECILIA. The Los Angeles-based band La Santa Cecilia headlines the 31st Annual Encuentro del Canto Popular, a yearly concert and cultural festival celebrating non-commercial Latino music that highlights issues of social justice. La Santa Cecilia defies labels, mixing up diverse styles such as cumbia, bossa nova, punk, bolero, tango, rock, klezmer, and jazz. This is an interview with La Marisoul, lead singer and songwriter, who says she learned much of her musical prowess singing rancheras with street musicians on L.A.’s Plaza Olvera.
Guest: La Marisoul, Lead Singer, La Santa Cecilia, Los Angeles, CA, http://lasantacecilia.com , http://accionlatina.org/31st-encuentro-del-canto-popular