Línea Abierta : HEALTHCARE REFORM: WHO IS JOINING?
- Title: HEALTHCARE REFORM: WHO IS JOINING?
- Guest: Nancy Gómez
- Additional Guests: Chris Schneider, Dr. Ed Moreno
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012
- Description: HEALTHCARE REFORM: WHO IS JOINING? The Affordable Care Act stipulates an expansion of public health insurance Medicaid, but the Supreme Court allowed states to decline to expand the program.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6840
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6840
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Health, Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_121129.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
HEALTHCARE REFORM: WHO IS JOINING? The Affordable Care Act stipulates an expansion of public health insurance Medicaid, but the Supreme Court allowed states to decline to expand the program. This edition takes a look at California, where the state is already getting ready for the change with an expansion of its low-income health program, but some counties are declining to expand, and others are scrambling to get the paperwork done. What is the expected impact on patients?
Guests: Nancy Gómez, Southern California Program Director, Health Access,Los Angeles, CA, www.health-access.org ; Chris Schneider, Executive Director, Central California Legal Services, Fresno, CA, www.centralcallegal.org ; Dr. Ed Moreno, Director, Fresno County Department of Health, Fresno, CA, www.co.fresno.ca.us/Division.aspx?id=255