Línea Abierta : MONUMENT TO CHAVEZ. ALSO, FORECLOSURE DEAL.
- Title: MONUMENT TO CHAVEZ. ALSO, FORECLOSURE DEAL.
- Guest: Barack Obama
- Additional Guests: Ken Salazar, Arturo Rodríguez, Paul Chávez, Aracely Panameño, José García
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Description: MONUMENT TO CHAVEZ. ALSO, FORECLOSURE DEAL. President Obama just declared the house and grave of César Chávez as National Monuments.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6792
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6792
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics, Art and Culture, Economic Development
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_121009.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.14 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MONUMENT TO CHAVEZ. President Obama just declared the house and grave of César Chávez as National Monuments. What was once the headquarters of the United Farm Workers now becomes the first national park recognizing the work of a Latino hero of our times. This edition includes interviews with top leaders at the celebration.
Guests: President Barack Obama, President of the United States, Pretaped Speech, Keene, CA; Ken Salazar, Secretary of the Interior, United States Department of the Interior, Keene, CA, www.doi.gov ; Arturo Rodríguez, President, United Farm Workers (UFW), Keene, CA, www.ufw.org ; Paul Chávez, Son of César Chávez and President of César Chavez Foundation, Keene, CA, www.chavezfoundation.org
ALSO, FORECLOSURE DEAL. Home foreclosures have decreased to their lowest levels in five years and loan modifications are slowly growing. Still, underwater homeowners struggle to find help. Housing experts discuss the plans to help homeowners keep their homes and analyze a national mortgage settlement between states and five large lenders. Experts and homeowners share tips and concerns on this edition.
Guests: Aracely Panameño, Director of Latino Affairs, Center for Responsible Lending, Washington, DC, www.responsiblelending.org ; José García, Housing Policy Fellow, National Council of La Raza (NCLR), Hartford, CT, www.nclr.org