Línea Abierta : VALLEY FEVER: A VACCINE?
- Title: VALLEY FEVER: A VACCINE?
- Guest: Yesenia Amaro.
- Additional Guests: Rafael Laniado-Laborín, Berenice Parra, Tom Chiller.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Description: VALLEY FEVER: A VACCINE? Valley Fever is infecting more and more people every year. Too often the disease is left undetected and can turn lethal. Why cases of Valley Fever are on the rise remains a mystery.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA.
- Program Number: 6791
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6791
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Health.
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_121008.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
VALLEY FEVER: A VACCINE? Valley Fever is infecting more and more people every year. Too often the disease is left undetected and can turn lethal. Why cases of Valley Fever are on the rise remains a mystery. Still, both the private sector and the government are reluctant to give the money needed to explore the fungus and develop a vaccine. This roundtable focuses on the hotspots of this epidemic and the efforts to find effective treatments.
Guests: Yesenia Amaro, Healthcare Reporter, Merced Sun Star, Merced, CA, www.mercedsunstar.com ; Rafael Laniado-Laborín, MD, MPH, FCCP, Pneumologist, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Tijuana, Mexico; Berenice Parra, Valley Fever patient and mother of three, Arvin, CA; Tom Chiller, MD Epidemiologist, Deputy Chief of the Mycotic Diseases Branches, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, www.cdc.gov