Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Title: MEXICO EDITION.
- Guest: Aleida Calleja
- Host: Martha Elena Ramírez
- Date: FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012
- Description: MEXICO EDITION. The Mexican Association of the Right to Information (AMEDI) questioned the Mexican government's decision to recover spectrum in the high-frequency 2.5-GHz band from the company MVS Comunicaciones.
- Genre: News
- Location: Mexico City
- Program Number: 6754
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6754
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120817.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. The Mexican Association of the Right to Information (AMEDI) questioned the Mexican government's decision to recover spectrum in the high-frequency 2.5-GHz band from the company MVS Comunicaciones. The company had presented a project to make Internet services up to 30 percent more affordable and take it to places in the country where telecommunications services are still not available. The president of AMEDI also stated that the government has strengthened the two media companies Televisa and TV Azteca, authorizing them to merge in order to offer cell phone services, widening their business and maintaining their dominance in the area of content and information. Martha Elena Ramírez hosts Voz Pública from Mexico City.
Guest: Aleida Calleja, President, Asociación Mexicana de Derecho a la Información A.C., Former president, Asociación Mundial de Radios Comunitarias, Mexico City, Mexico.