Línea Abierta : ASSAULT IN THE FIELDS.
- Title: ASSAULT IN THE FIELDS.
- Guest: Silvia Berrones
- Additional Guests: Juanita Hernández, Anonymous victim of sexual assault, Mario Martínez, Melissa Barrios
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012
- Description: ASSAULT IN THE FIELDS. A 17-year-old indigenous girl from Mexico working at Giumarra Vineyards in Edison, California complained about a male co-worker making sexual advances, and abusive and offensive sexual behavior.
- Genre: News
- Location: Fresno, CA
- Program Number: 6752
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6752
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics, Immigration, Economic Development
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120815.mp3
- Length: 59:07 minutes (54.13 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
ASSAULT IN THE FIELDS. A 17-year-old indigenous girl from Mexico working at Giumarra Vineyards in Edison, California complained about a male co-worker making sexual advances, and abusive and offensive sexual behavior. The next day, she was fired. The case was settled in court. This edition brings victims, advocates, and witnesses together to discuss this emblematic case and the problem of sexual harassment and sexual assault in the fields. Listeners are encouraged to share their testimony.
Guests: Silvia Berrones, Assistant Coordinator, Líderes Campesinas, Madera, CA, www.liderescampesinas.org ; Juanita Hernández, Victim of sexual harassment and assault, Madera, CA; Anonymous victim of sexual assault, Fresno, CA; Mario Martínez, Attorney who represented 4 farm workers in the case of Giumarra Vineyards, Riverside, CA; Melissa Barrios, Director of Fresno Office, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Fresno, CA, www.eeoc.gov