Línea Abierta : A FUTURE WITHOUT HIV.
- Title: A FUTURE WITHOUT HIV.
- Guest: Dr. Britt Rios-Ellis.
- Additional Guests: Daniel Leyva, Bambi Salcedo.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2012
- Description: A FUTURE WITHOUT HIV. The rate of HIV has gone down among Latinos in general, but it has risen among Latino youth in their early 20’s.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA.
- Program Number: 6741
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6741
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Health, Education.
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120801_dos.mp3
- Length: 59:13 minutes (54.23 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
A FUTURE WITHOUT HIV. The rate of HIV has gone down among Latinos in general, but it has risen among Latino youth in their early 20’s. Prominent researchers and experts in HIV joined forces last week at a Latino forum on HIV as part of the activities of the AIDS 2012 International Conference in Washington, DC. Some of these experts join this edition to share news about AIDS-fighting drugs and discuss how to create a future without HIV/AIDS.
Guests: Dr. Britt Rios-Ellis, Director, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)/California State University Long Beach (CSULB) Center for Latino Community Health, Long Beach, CA, http://www.csulb.edu/centers/latinohealth/ ; Daniel Leyva, Director, Prevention Services, Latino Commission on AIDS, Nueva York, NY, www.latinoaids.org ; Bambi Salcedo, Community Advocate, Trans Latina Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, http://translatinacoalition.org