Línea Abierta : ELECTIONS IN MEXICO.
- Title: ELECTIONS IN MEXICO.
- Guest: Sergio Aguayo
- Additional Guests: Lynne Walker, David Brooks
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2012
- Description: ELECTIONS IN MEXICO. Campaigns for Mexico’s presidency end today, in anticipation of Sunday’s elections. The race is between a woman from the right-wing PAN, a former governor from the PRI party, and a left-of-center candidate from PRD.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6713
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6713
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120627.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
ELECTIONS IN MEXICO. Campaigns for Mexico’s presidency end today, in anticipation of Sunday’s elections. The race is between a woman from the right-wing National Action Party (PAN), a former governor from the PRI party, that governed Mexico for more than 70 years, and a repeat candidate from the left-of-center Party of the Democratic Revolution (PRD), who many believe was stolen the last presidential election. This edition includes conversations with analysts on the political climate, the preparations to ensure a clean vote, and the vote from Mexicans living in the U.S.
Guests: Sergio Aguayo, President, Alianza Cívica, Mexico, DF, http://www.alianzacivica.org.mx ; Lynne Walker, Vice President, Instituto de las Americas, San Diego, CA, http://www.iamericas.org ; David Brooks, Correspondent, La Jornada, Nueva York, NY, www.jornada.unam.mx