Línea Abierta : VERDICT ON ARIZONA.
- Title: VERDICT ON ARIZONA.
- Guest: Valeria Fernández.
- Additional Guests: Nora Preciado, Victor Viramontes, Salvador Reza, Mercedes Viana Schlapp.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012
- Description: VERDICT ON ARIZONA. The U.S. Supreme Court released a decisión today on Arizona’s anti-immigration law. The court left intact the central article, which allows police to ask for immigration papers.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA.
- Program Number: 6711
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6711
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics, Immigration.
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120625.mp3
- Length: 59:07 minutes (54.13 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
VERDICT ON ARIZONA. The U.S. Supreme Court released a decisión today on Arizona’s anti-immigration law. The court left intact the central article, which allows police to ask for immigration papers, but struck down three articles that made it a crime to be in Arizona without immigration documents or work without documents. Many say this means the last word on the case has still not been written.
Guests: Valeria Fernández, Correspondent for Radio Bilingüe, Phoenix, AZ; Nora Preciado, Attorney, National Immigration Law Center, Los Angeles, CA, www.nilc.org ; Victor Viramontes, National Senior Counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), Los Angeles, CA, www.maldef.org ; Salvador Reza, Organizer, PUENTE Arizona, Phoenix, AZ, www.puenteaz.org ; Mercedes Viana Schlapp, Campaign Spokesperson, Mitt Romney for President, Alexandria, VA, www.mittromney.com