Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Title: MEXICO EDITION.
- Guest: 16 students from various universities.
- Host: Martha Elena Ramírez.
- Date: FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012
- Description: MEXICO EDITION. College students in Mexico City took to the streets to protest for the fourth time against presidential candidate Enrique Peña Nieto and television network
- Genre: News
- Location: Mexico City.
- Program Number: 6690
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6690
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120525.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.13 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. College students in Mexico City took to the streets to protest for the fourth time against presidential candidate Enrique Peña Nieto and television network Televisa. The demonstrations began when students at Universidad Iberoamericana booed the presidential candidate, who is considered by pollsters the frontrunner. For the young demonstrators, former governor Pena Nieto is not only the favorite candidate of television giant Televisa, he is also the offspring of a political class that ruled Mexico for 70 years. The demonstrators questioned the "editorial bias" of Televisa, they said they were fed up of corruption and of investing one billion dollars in a monument instead of public hospitals, they called for more money for education and celebrated their access to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Martha Elena Ramírez hosts Voz Pública from Mexico City.
Guests: Pretaped interviews with 16 College students from Universidad Iberoamericana (IB), Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (UAM), Universidad Pedagógica Nacional (UPN), Universidad Tecnológica (UNITEC), Centros de Diseño Cine y Televisión (CDCT), Escuela de Periodismo, Carlos Septién García.