Línea Abierta : MEXICO EDITION.
- Title: MEXICO EDITION.
- Guest: Tanya Isidoro Morales
- Additional Guests: Irineo Mújica Arzate, María Maximina Girón
- Host: Martha Elena Ramírez
- Date: FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2012
- Description: MEXICO EDITION. Honduran immigrant Pedro Aguilar Venegas lost half of his left leg when he fell off the cargo train known as "La Bestia" It was raining and the engineer had sped up to avoid allowing pro-immigrant activists to get on to the train.
- Genre: News
- Location: Mexico City
- Program Number: 6685
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6685
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2012
- Program Name: la_120518.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MEXICO EDITION. Honduran immigrant Pedro Aguilar Venegas lost half of his left leg when he fell off the cargo train known as "La Bestia" or "The Beast." It was raining that night of May 16th, and the engineer had sped up near Apizaco, Tlaxcala to avoid allowing pro-immigrant activists to get on to the train to protest the extorsions and beatings of Central American migrants by railroad workers, city police and immigration agents. Martha Elena Ramírez hosts Voz Pública from Mexico City.
Guests: Tanya Isidoro Morales, activist, Asamblea Popular de Familias Migrantes, Apizaco, Tlaxcala, Mexico; Irineo Mújica Arzate, activist, Movimiento Migrante Mesoamericano, Tultitlán, Estado de México, México (pretaped); María Maximina Girón, Madre de Alirio Quiroz, migrante desaparecido en Tamaulipas, México en 2009, Sonares, Honduras (pretaped).