Línea Abierta : STUDENTS AGAINST BULLYING.
- Title: STUDENTS AGAINST BULLYING.
- Guest: Marty Castro.
- Additional Guests: Jacque Larrainzar, Patricia Foxen.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
- Description: STUDENTS AGAINST BULLYING. One in four Latino children have been bullied at school. And twice as many Latino kids are afraid of being harmed at school than white children.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6517
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6517
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Education..
- Year: 2011
- Program Name: a_111025.mp3
- Length: 59:06 minutes (54.12 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
STUDENTS AGAINST BULLYING. One in four Latino children have been bullied at school. And twice as many Latino kids are afraid of being harmed at school than white children. As teachers and political leaders seek ways to prevent and stop bullying, some immigrant adolescents in Philadelphia took matters in their own hands and stood up to bullying against Asians and Latinos in their school. Experts and students join this conversation.
Guests: Marty Castro, Chairman, US Commission on Civil Rights, Chicago, IL, http://www.usccr.gov/ ; Jacque Larrainzar, Counsel or Safe School Caolition, Seattle, WA; Patricia Foxen, Associate Director of Research, National Council of La Raza (NCLR), Washington, DC, www.nclr.org