Línea Abierta : IMMIGRATION EDITION: OPT-OUT.
- Title: IMMIGRATION EDITION: OPT-OUT.
- Guest: Arturo Venegas Jr
- Additional Guests: Perla Rodriguez
- Host: Samuel Orozco
- Date: TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011
- Description: IMMIGRATION EDITION: OPT-OUT. Three large states, Massachusetts, Illinois, and New York, have announced that they will opt out of Secure Communities.
- Genre: News
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 6414
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6414
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Immigration
- Year: 2011
- Program Name: la_110614.mp3
- Length: 59:05 minutes (54.11 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
IMMIGRATION EDITION: OPT-OUT. Three large states, Massachusetts, Illinois, and New York, have announced that they will opt out of Secure Communities, the deportation program that allows federal immigration agents to access data of anyone detained by local police. A veteran police leader and a victim of undue detention comment on this federal program.
Guest: Arturo Venegas Jr., former chief of police in Sacramento, CA, Director, Law Enforcement Engagement Initiative (LEEI), Sacramento, CA; Perla Rodriguez, U.S. citizen wrongly detained under Secure Communities program, Sacramento, CA.