LA HORA MIXTECA : LIVE FROM THE CAPITAL.
- Title: LIVE FROM THE CAPITAL.
- Guest: Primitivo Efrén Mayrén Santos
- Additional Guests: Amalia Salas, Joel Vicente Contreras, Alfredo Ortega.
- Host: Filemón López
- Date: SUNDAY, JULY 4, 2010
- Description: LA HORA MIXTECA: LIVE FROM THE CAPITAL. Filemón López, host of La Hora Mixteca, continues to broadcast live from the nation’s capital as part of Radio Bilingüe’s special coverage of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival.
- Genre: News
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Program Number: 6150
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6150
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Art and Culture
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: Hora Mixteca DC HR2 7-4-10.mp3
- Length: 59:05 minutes (54.1 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
LA HORA MIXTECA: LIVE FROM THE CAPITAL. Filemón López, host of La Hora Mixteca, continues to broadcast live from the nation’s capital as part of Radio Bilingüe’s special coverage of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. López explores arts and music from diverse indigenous communities of Oaxaca and other parts of Mexico, interviewing a musician from the southern coastal region of Oaxaca, who combines indigenous, African, and Spanish elements in his sones and chilenas, a wool weaver who continues a centuries-old family tradition of designing and weaving rugs with traditional Zapotec patterns, and an artisan who makes dolls out of corn-husks. This special edition of La Hora Mixteca also celebrates the 30th anniversary of Radio Bilingüe’s public broadcast service.
Guests: Primitivo Efrén Mayrén Santos, Director, Musician, and Singer, Grupo de Fandango de Artesa Los Quilamos, Oaxaca, México; Amalia Salas, Corn-husk artisan, Xochimilco, México; Joel Vicente Contreras, Wool weaver, Teotitlán del Valle, Oaxaca, México; Alfredo Ortega, Candy-maker, Santa Cruz Acalpixca, Xochimilco, México.