LA HORA MIXTECA : LIVE FROM WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Title: LIVE FROM WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Guest: Luis Granados de la Rosa
- Additional Guests: Antonio Pérez, Alfredo Ortega, José Genovevo Pérez Espinosa, Cutberto Santiago Sernas.
- Host: Filemón López
- Date: SUNDAY, JULY 4, 2010
- Description: LA HORA MIXTECA: LIVE FROM WASHINGTON, D.C. As part of Radio Bilingüe’s special coverage of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, Filemón López, host of La Hora Mixteca, broadcasts live from the nation’s capital.
- Genre: News
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6159
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Art and Culture
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: Hora Mixteca DC HR1 7-4-10.mp3
- Length: 53:12 minutes (48.72 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
LA HORA MIXTECA: LIVE FROM WASHINGTON, D.C. As part of Radio Bilingüe’s special coverage of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, Filemón López, host of La Hora Mixteca, broadcasts live from the nation’s capital. This program, in Mixtec and Spanish, reaches audiences across the border in simulcast with XETLA: “ La Voz de la Mixteca” in Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, and other bilingual stations. In this hour, López interviews a dancer and musician from the Chinelos, carnivalesque dance troupes that mock the Spanish colonizers of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, a traditional candy-maker and a farmer from Xochimilco, where the ancient tradition of raised fields, or chinampas, separated by canals, is still alive, and a maker of mezcal, the traditional agave drink from Oaxaca.
Guests: Luis Granados de la Rosa, Dancer, and Antonio Pérez, Musician, Chinelos de Atlatlahuacan, Morelos, México; Alfredo Ortega, Candy-maker, Xochimilco, México; José Genovevo Pérez Espinosa, Chinampa farmer, Xochimilco, México; Cutberto Santiago Sernas, Mezcal maker, Santiago Matatlán, Tlacolula, Oaxaca, México.