Línea Abierta : MOTHERS INDEX.
- Title: MOTHERS INDEX.
- Guest: Christopher Behr.
- Additional Guests: Elisa Batista, Miriam Pérez.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: MONDAY, MAY 10, 2010
- Description: MOTHERS INDEX. The United States scored in 28th place worldwide on a list of the best countries for mothers, in part because it has one of the shortest and least well-paid maternity leaves.
- Genre: News
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Program Number: 6103
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6103
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Politics
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: la_100510.mp3
- Length: 59:04 minutes (54.09 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
MOTHERS INDEX. The United States scored in 28th place worldwide on a list of the best countries for mothers, in part because it has one of the shortest and least well-paid maternity leaves, and women are more likely to die from pregnancy-related causes than in most other developed countries. Meanwhile, in several Latin American countries, such as Bolivia and Honduras, midwives are helping to drastically reduce maternal and infant mortality.
Guests: Christopher Behr, Associate Director, Latin America & Caribbean Operations, Save the Children, Washington, D.C., www.savethechildren.org ; Elisa Batista, Founding member, MomsRising, Berkeley, CA. www.momsrising.org ; Miriam Pérez, Founder, Radical Doula, Washington, D.C., www.radicaldoula.com