Línea Abierta : FAIR FOOD FIGHT: A REPEAT.
- Title: FAIR FOOD FIGHT: A REPEAT.
- Guest: Gloria Reubens
- Additional Guests: Lucas Benitez, Jordan Buckley, Berenice Dimas, Kerry Kennedy, Gerardo Reyes
- Host: Samuel Orozco
- Additional Hosts: Chelis López
- Date: THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2010
- Description: FAIR FOOD FIGHT: A REPEAT. To address the poor wages and working conditions that make farm labor slavery possible, farm worker advocates have launched the Campaign for Fair Food.
- Genre: News
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Program Number: 6088
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6088
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Economic Development
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: la_100422.mp3
- Length: 59:05 minutes (54.1 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
FAIR FOOD FIGHT: A REPEAT. To address the poor wages and working conditions that make farm labor slavery possible, farm worker advocates have launched the Campaign for Fair Food. The campaign urges food industry giants to use their power to improve farm worker wages. Last week, the Coalition of Immokalee Workers took to the streets to march for three days to the headquarters of the number one supermarket company in Florida, Publix Supermarkets. This program offers interviews with the leaders of the march and high-profile supporters about the importance of this event. This is a repeat of our live coverage from WMNF in Tampa, FL.
Guests: Gloria Reubens, TV actress, Nueva York, NY; Lucas Benitez, Founder and co-director, Coalition of Immokalee Workers, Immokalee, FL, www.ciw-online.org ; Jordan Buckley, Southwest Florida Organizer, Interfaith Action of Southwest Florida, Immokalee, FL, www.interfaithact.org ; Berenice Dimas, Student Farmworker Alliance, Los Ángeles, CA, www.sfalliance.org ; Kerry Kennedy, Activist and human rights lawyer; Gerardo Reyes, Organizer, Coalition of Immokalee Workers and WCIW Radio Conciencia, Immokalee, FL, www.ciw-online.org